It’s Monday therefore it’s fitting that we try to make an effort to start this week on the right foot. By that, I mean trying to control our urges for foods that are not so healthy. We all know that eating more fruits and veggies is a definite way of getting extra vitamins and nutrients in our diets. Eating fruits and veggies raw is always recommended as the BEST way to add these to our meals throughout the day.
BUT, it’s not the ONLY way!
Apple Banana Bread Recipe
4 ripe bananas
1 cup of sugar
¾ cup of applesauce
2 cups of bread flour
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, slice the bananas and use an electric mixer to mash. Add the sugar and blend until mixture is well combined.
Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- After resting period, add the applesauce and eggs – mix well. Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand again for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.